Originally established in 1958 by Edward (Ted) Watts in Toll Bar Cottage, 12 Chelmsford Road (next door), we moved to our current premise in the early 1960’s.
The practice is situated in a renovated Victorian villa built in 1880, which houses consulting rooms, general office and an optical laboratory.
The laboratory carries a comprehensive stock of lenses, which ensures that most prescriptions can be executed without delay. We also offer an emergency service during normal working hours.
Apart from being a general practice, the staff specialise in contact lenses and low vision aids, both privately and under the NHS and are involved with the hospital eye service at various hospitals.