The importance of a good UV blocking pair of sunglasses cannot be underestimated in protecting the health of your eyes as well as the physical and cosmetic benefits they provide. Blocking the sun’s harmful UV rays has been proved to reduce the risk of cataract and macular degeneration.
Edward Watts carries a wide range of designer sunglasses and sports goggles, some with photochromic or polarising filters.
Prescription sunglasses start from £129 including Single Vision lenses.
As a practice we provide polarised lenses as standard included in this price.
What are the advantages of polarized lenses?
A polarized lens offers the following advantages over non-polarized lenses:
- Improves visual comfort
- Improves contrast and visual clarity
- Reduces eyestrain
- Allows for true perception of colors
- Reduces reflections and eliminates glare
Why are polarized sunglasses beneficial for driving?
- Polarized sunglasses help when driving a car by reducing those bright reflections of the sun on the cars ahead.
- They tend to be horizontally polarized, thus perfect for vertically polarised sunglasses.
- The reason is that the surfaces that you see on the car in front of you (the back window, the rear door, and even the roof) is slanted towards you, while the sun will be more or less aligned in the vertical plane through both cars.
- Polarizing lenses will provide higher definition vision for driving, remove dazzling effects and reduce eye fatigue
We are stockists for Raybans and Maui Jim.